The Healthy Horizons Step Ahead Challenge is a four-week team challenge designed to increase the number of steps taken each day.
How to Participate:
- Ask a friend of two to team up for the challenge (limit six people per team)
- Pick a team captain and team name
- Then, the team captain can create the team on the Healthy Horizons website. Each member can join their team when registering for the challenge.
- Challenge runs Aug. 13 – Sept. 9
How to Sign-up:
- Log-on to www.DENSOHealthyHorizons.com and select the My Program tab
- Scroll down to Challenges and select the Step Ahead Challenge
- If you’re a team captain, click Create Team and enter your team name
- If you’re a team member, find your team name and click Join Team
- Click Done to complete the process
- Sign-up available July 30 – Aug. 19
How to Track your Progress:
- Teams will be give a free pedometer to track daily progress. Pick up your pedometer from Cheryl Rork in Human Resources, starting the afternoon of Aug. 8.
- Log your daily step count on the Healthy Horizons website or the paper Tracking Log.
- If you log a small number of steps one day, you may walk more steps the next to make up for it.
- Your goal is to log a total of 100,000 steps (max 12,000 per day) by the end of the challenge.
- Log all progress by Sept. 19
- Team whose members each reach 100,000 steps will be entered into a drawing for each member to win $25.
How to Stay on Track:
Rack up some steps (and points) with DENSO’s organized walking group. A group at DIAM Southfield will meet every Friday during the challenge from 12:45 – 1 p.m. for a walk around campus. All associates are welcome to join. The group will meet outside in front of Building 10, by the main entrance. First group walk is Aug. 17!
And, stay tune for more details about DIAM Southfield’s 2nd annual Walk in the Woods.